Subject: It Took Long Enough...
It's taken 46 years to get around to it, but I've finally started watching the original 'Dragnet' TV series. If this episode is anything to go by, it was worth the wait.

Well aware that my perception of this show has been ...contaminated, shall we say, by exposure to 'Police Squad!' and ZAZ's subsequent 'Naked Gun' movies, not to mention countless other parodies and references, it was nice to see that it was still enjoyable on it's own terms.

I should get a kick out of the rest of the series... I hope.

Nice to know also that Joe Friday does have a conscience, too...
Reviewer: richgoup - favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - February 20, 2012
Subject: The big thief (Dragnet).
Season 3, episode 16.
Original air date: 17 December 1953.
A gang of robbers are calling Los Angeles physicians down to hotels and mugging and robbing them of drugs and valuables.
Cast: Jack Webb (Sgt. Joe Friday), Ben Alexander (Officer Frank Smith), Dorothy Abbott (Ann Baker), Gloria Saunders (Alice Catherine Cavell ), James Bush (Dr. Platt), Alan Dexter (Dr. Halbert), Gil Stratton Jr. (Kenneth Alden), Art Gilmore (Capt. Harry Didion), Loren Brown (Edgar Cavell), George Fenneman (Announcer Opening: uncredited) and Hal Gibney (Announcer Cloing: uncredited.
From: IMDB.
Reviewer: jimelena - favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - January 3, 2006
Subject: Thief
Same old stuff, but fun.
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
Classic TV
movies
eye 16,522
favorite 7
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 12,447
favorite 6
comment 5
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 5 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 9,982
favorite 5
comment 4
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 4 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 9,644
favorite 5
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 7,804
favorite 4
comment 4
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 4 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 13,460
favorite 3
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 12,228
favorite 9
comment 5
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 5 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 13,583
favorite 8
comment 5
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 5 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 15,445
favorite 4
comment 4
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 4 reviews )
Classic TV
movies
eye 7,635
favorite 3
comment 3
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 3 reviews )